No talking … just details:
- Pattern: Tuva
- Designer: Turvid Design
- Yarn: KP Merino Style. Hand-dyed by me. Blogged here
- Modifications: Shortened main section to 5.5 inches instead of 7 as per the pattern.
- Other comments: The number of k2tog gave me a callus on my fingers but I still enjoyed the pattern. Used 9 inch circulars to decrease but coming to the end they were hard to maneuver. Got some ladders that are noticeable by me but I doubt anyone else will see them. I guess I’ll have to revisit both dpns and magic loop techniques. Or … I might just do the Traveling Loop.
ETA: This project is my first completed for My Sister’s Knitter KAL/CAL and the fifth for my Summer Sizzle Stash Dash.
ETA again — This project also makes the cut for my Craft Book Challenge for July. The pattern has been in my Ravelry library since early 2012.
Long project title … easy project!!! I started this after I started my herringbone neck-warmer. Surprise, surprise I finished this in two hours which is an absolute thrill for me since I’m a slow knitter and I never knit a hat before. 😳
It did turn out to be mindless knitting after a while which I appreciated since I am nursing a cold. This is my first hat but despite the ease of the pattern, there were some firsts:
- circular knitting (aka knitting in a round)
- this is my first hat — I can cross this off my knit resolutions list for 2012
- using place markers for the decrease repeats
- experiencing stockinette stitch being created using the knit stitch only (only happens in circular knitting).
I used the same yarn that I used in this project (hence the name Probie’s Partner in my Ravelry project notebook 🙂 ) so I could wear them as a set.
Enough with the babbling; next up — the pictures!!!!!!
It’s beginning to a lot like a haaa-at!!!!!! 😛
It’s a perfect fit for me!!!!!! And Ziva likes it!!!
Yes, I named my sewing machine (Violet aka Vi-vi), my dress dummy (Malynda) , my work-light (Daisy) and my hat mannequin (Ziva). 😀
What?!!!!! Don’t you? 😛
- Pattern: Chunky Double Button Tab Hat
- Yarn: LionBrand WoolEase Thick n Quick
- Colour: Butterscotch
- Yardage: 108 yds. (I didn’t use the entire skein for this project)
Now I want to make another hat!!!! I wonder if this is how I’ll feel after my first pair of socks?
After being MIA for so long, with the first F.O of the year, I’m re-joining Tami and the other ladies in the F.O. Friday meme. It’s a fun way to showcase what you’re working on and what you’ve finished with encouragement from other crafty souls.