Long project title … easy project!!! I started this after I started my herringbone neck-warmer. Surprise, surprise I finished this in two hours which is an absolute thrill for me since I’m a slow knitter and I never knit a hat before. 😳
It did turn out to be mindless knitting after a while which I appreciated since I am nursing a cold. This is my first hat but despite the ease of the pattern, there were some firsts:
- circular knitting (aka knitting in a round)
- this is my first hat — I can cross this off my knit resolutions list for 2012
- using place markers for the decrease repeats
- experiencing stockinette stitch being created using the knit stitch only (only happens in circular knitting).
I used the same yarn that I used in this project (hence the name Probie’s Partner in my Ravelry project notebook 🙂 ) so I could wear them as a set.
Enough with the babbling; next up — the pictures!!!!!!
It’s a perfect fit for me!!!!!! And Ziva likes it!!!
Yes, I named my sewing machine (Violet aka Vi-vi), my dress dummy (Malynda) , my work-light (Daisy) and my hat mannequin (Ziva). 😀
What?!!!!! Don’t you? 😛
- Pattern: Chunky Double Button Tab Hat
- Yarn: LionBrand WoolEase Thick n Quick
- Colour: Butterscotch
- Yardage: 108 yds. (I didn’t use the entire skein for this project)
Now I want to make another hat!!!! I wonder if this is how I’ll feel after my first pair of socks?
After being MIA for so long, with the first F.O of the year, I’m re-joining Tami and the other ladies in the F.O. Friday meme. It’s a fun way to showcase what you’re working on and what you’ve finished with encouragement from other crafty souls.