No talking … just details:
- Pattern: Tuva
- Designer: Turvid Design
- Yarn: KP Merino Style. Hand-dyed by me. Blogged here
- Modifications: Shortened main section to 5.5 inches instead of 7 as per the pattern.
- Other comments: The number of k2tog gave me a callus on my fingers but I still enjoyed the pattern. Used 9 inch circulars to decrease but coming to the end they were hard to maneuver. Got some ladders that are noticeable by me but I doubt anyone else will see them. I guess I’ll have to revisit both dpns and magic loop techniques. Or … I might just do the Traveling Loop.
ETA: This project is my first completed for My Sister’s Knitter KAL/CAL and the fifth for my Summer Sizzle Stash Dash.
ETA again — This project also makes the cut for my Craft Book Challenge for July. The pattern has been in my Ravelry library since early 2012.
Andi, my online buddy, at My Sister’s Knitter had the most brilliant idea for a KAL (Knit-A-Long) and CAL (Crochet-A-Long). She encouraged herself and the rest of us to get all our UFOs, then decide if we’re going to finish them or frog them. If we’re going to finish them, we can do it together — from July 20th – Sept 30th. We don’t have to be working on the same projects; the idea is just to get together and see how many projects we can each finish. It doesn’t hurt that there are prizes! 😛 Since my stash is threatening to bury me, my motivation is to actually get stuff done and socialize.
She’s started a Ravelry group here and we’d love to have you join us. The more the merrier! Being the lazy bum that I am, (what?!!! #don’t judgeme) LOLOL … don’t be surprised if you see my projects shared between my Craft Book Challenge, Summer Sizzle Dash list and Andi’s My Sister’s Knitter KAL / CAL. 😛
I didn’t realise I had so many projects in the unfinished state. Good God in heaven! Some I’ve started, some I’ve swatched, some are just there — looking sad. Callin’ mah name!!! Begging me to finish them! 😀
I know I wouldn’t finish everything but here’s a list of some of my UFOs (some you’ve seen already):
- Shabby I-phone Case
- Crochet Bag — from Lucy at Attic24
Tuva Hat Completed 8.11.2013
- My first pair of socks
- Blackberry Salad Blanket
- Drips (hat)
- Random Cotton Dish-cloths
- Bandana Cowl
- 22.5 degrees Shawl
- Zuni Shawl
- Common Ground Cardigan — I know I’m not going to finish this, it’s just too hot right now but I wanted to still put it on the list.
- Honey Cowl — a gift for my co worker.
- Giant, Giant, Granny Square Blanket. It’s ridiculous. This is for my god-son; I started this before hie was born — he’s one now! 🙄
- High Plains Drifter — this is my Rhinebeck 2013 project
- Brain-Made Shawlette
- Pink: Items I think I can finish
- Green: Items that I’ll work on when the ones in pink are done.
Yep … 16 of them puppies. And I have more. 🙄 I have to go to rehab. My startitis/wipitis disease is taking over my work basket.
I need to finish projects as much as I start them. I like KALs/CALs but sometimes being pressed for time, I don’t get to participate as much as want to. I especially love this one from Andi, since it allows me to work on what I’ve already started and not the same pattern(s) as everyone else. I have to really make an effort to find time to do something creative every day. That was one of my new year’s goals and it’s one that I haven’t met fully so far this year. But I’m going to try my best with this KAL / CAL — even if all I do is knit or crochet one row per day.
I guess when I get up tomorrow it’ll be “get ready, set, GO!!!” 😀