My craft goals for the year were to:
Let’s see how I did — 😳 , 😛
I didn’t think I did as well as I actually did with Cold-sheeping. Once I got off the sheep in May this year, it felt as if I was always off but after I checked my list, I realised that I wasn’t bad as I thought I was. 😀 As I went through the list, I actually did make some headway. Wanna see?
- Catalog KP yarn stash on Ravelry by January 31, 2013. DONE!!! 12.06.2012
- Cold Sheeping Knitpicks for 2013. Absolutely NO yarn purchases from KP for 2013. DONE I didn’t purchase any KP yarns this year. Although I got some sweater quantities as a Christmas gift, my first purchase from them was some roving I bought after a year of no purchases during their week long Cyber Monday 2013 sale.
- Cold Sheeping includes craft book purchases. This was partially successful. I bought four technique books during the earlier part of the year. And for Christmas I bought Martha Stewart’s Craft Encyclopedia and the S & B Superstar from Debbie Stoller for Christmas. 6 purchases is better than the 15 I did last year! LOLOL!
- Combine KP Stashdown, general Stash Knit Down & Craft Book Challenge. Done
- Shop KP stash for swaps in KP loving groups. If I can’t shop from my stash, then I wouldn’t participate in the swap. Done
- Reduce KP stash by at least 12 projects of varying sizes worth of yarn including blankets. Attempt made. 😛 I got mesmerized by other yarns and did projects with those instead.
- Make first sweater using KP yarn. Sweater Done (although not with KP yarn).
- Finish or frog languishing WIPS. Done
- Start Christmas 2013 gifts using KP yarns early. No yarny Christmas gifts made this year.
- For larger stashdown goal: Catalog all yarns by January 31, 2013. DONE! 12.29.2012! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
- Browse Ravelry and blogs less, craft more! — Total Failure. LOLOL! Am I the only one with this problem? Although I was introduced to some wonderful crafters, I really need to cut down my online time for 2014!
All in all, I think I did pretty well. Where the Craft Book Challenge is concerned, I totally rocked that!!!! I even managed to do some non yarny crafting from DIY instructables that I’d save a long time ago!!! Winner! I’ll to a collage in another day or two — once I can access my photos again … oh boy! 😀 And I’ll also post my 2014 crafting goals. My Coldsheeping page has already been updated with the next year’s goals. Some are the same, others a little different. I’m really looking forward to another year of Coldsheeping — maybe this year, I’ll earn my Golden One Year badge. I so much yarn already, there’s no reason I shouldn’t aim for this.
I’m so ready to start my 2014 crafting. For the new year, I want to test my skill-set, enhance my skill-set, craft more and continue to use the resources I already have while continuing to enjoy creating with my hands.
Have you done your crafting goals / resolutions yet? 😀 Or rather, I should probably ask, will you be making any crafting goals / resolutions?