I’m not exactly sure what’s going on but something’s happening and you know what … it’s all good! I’ve been feeling to craft, craft, craft all the time now. Typically, I’m a technique person, so once I get a technique down I’m not always so interested in the F.O. But now … I want F.O.’s. I guess I can say that I’m entering a new phase in my crafting journey? Hmmm … Not sure what it is but I really don’t mind.
This week in craft adventures I’ve:
- Frogged my Barley hat. I made the size recommended as per the circumference of my head but it ended up being too big. I guess my head is not as big as I thought! LOLOL! I love the pattern so much, I really don’t mind frogging and starting over. I’m also making one in a silver grey for a friend but hers I’m doing in all stockinette. I might do mine that way also, not sure yet.
- Dreamt about Brooklyn Tweed’s Guernsey Wrap. I’m taking that as a sign to make one. I have some KP Cyber Monday 2012 special reserve Chroma that was gifted to me; I figured this is a good pattern to use it for.
- Re-visited magic looping. This time around, the concept was easy peasy. Very Pink’s tutorial video was probably the shortest one I found but with the clearest instructions (I’ve linked the video below). The first two rows were fiddly, but I know it well enough to not have to revisit practicing before I execute the technique. Winner, winner. 😀 My only issue is that the last stitches on the loop are so tight, it’s a struggle to get them back on the needles in the starting point. But other than that, it’s been pretty good. Next stop: DPNS!!!
- Felt in the mood for making “The Sunlight Shawl for Sad People“. No, no, no — I’m not sad! LOLOL! I just found it to be a very pretty pattern and a good one for my first shawl attempt. And with some Madeline Tosh fingering (purple yarn in the second pic) found in my stash, this should be a very enjoyable project.
- Will cut fabric to make about 4 – 6 of these potholders, hot pads … whatever you want to call them. I got some fat quarters from Jacey … errrrr .. a quilt might be in my future but in the meantime, potholders it is!
Hope you each are having a great, sunshiney, crafty week. 😀
So glad you posted that link for magic loop!
Doesn’t she make it look ridiculously easy? If you think this one is awesome, you should see her kitchener stitch one. Amazing! I got that on the first go round.
We are kindred souls 😉 I am making the sunlight and I want to make guernsey wrap too!!
Yes we are! 😀 That’s why I need you to post more of those luscious inspirational projects you make. 😛
You are so sweet!! I will…I will 🙂 hugs
Please don’t make me beg! (hugs right back at you) ♥
You’ve got instant-gratification-spring-fever, love it!! The sunshine shawl is a lovely thing as are all the others on your crafty list.
Thank you Preeti. It’s like I got up one day and got bitten by a bigger craft bug. 😀
I’m the opposite not too much crafting going on, but I have been doing a ton of reading, reading, reading mainly on natural health/herbs. I already know a lot about those topics, but it never hurts to expand, right? I’ll start crafting this weekend. I have a few costumes that I have to design/sew for our Lutheran church’s Passion Play. I’ll even be donating a loom woven item also!
Can’t wait to see that woven piece! And know that the health/herbs info that you’ve been sharing with us have been a blessing in more ways than one. So thank you!
Yay for you!! I am on fire as well, finishing finishing finishing! Must be spring!
Could be Spring indeed! I’m a fan of the winter weather (for the most part) but I’m definitely getting into that spring cleaning, finishing or frogging, open windows while I sip tea and craft mode.
I left a comment the other day on someone’s blog saying I wanted to knit Jared’s Guernsey Wrap, I love it, and now I read your post. I think all of this is saying I should cast on too 🙂
I can not get the hang of the Magic Loop, I just make a mess so good for you in getting it. I can use dpn’s and I find them pretty easy.
I’m going to have to really try with dpns. They scare me! LOLOL! I feel like I’m wrestling with a pointy octopus! 😀
And for the Guernsey wrap … doitdoitdoit!!! Oh the peer pressure! 😀
Everything looks so nice. I love that Guernsey Wrap. Really looking forward to seeing you finish that and the sunshine shawl too 🙂
Getting ready to start the sunshine shawl either tonight or tomorrow night. If I can only get this gauge right for my Flax sweater, I’ll be good. 😀