I’m not exactly sure what’s going on but something’s happening and you know what … it’s all good! I’ve been feeling to craft, craft, craft all the time now. Typically, I’m a technique person, so once I get a technique down I’m not always so interested in the F.O. But now … I want F.O.’s. I guess I can say that I’m entering a new phase in my crafting journey? Hmmm … Not sure what it is but I really don’t mind.
This week in craft adventures I’ve:
- Frogged my Barley hat. I made the size recommended as per the circumference of my head but it ended up being too big. I guess my head is not as big as I thought! LOLOL! I love the pattern so much, I really don’t mind frogging and starting over. I’m also making one in a silver grey for a friend but hers I’m doing in all stockinette. I might do mine that way also, not sure yet.
- Dreamt about Brooklyn Tweed’s Guernsey Wrap. I’m taking that as a sign to make one. I have some KP Cyber Monday 2012 special reserve Chroma that was gifted to me; I figured this is a good pattern to use it for.
- Re-visited magic looping. This time around, the concept was easy peasy. Very Pink’s tutorial video was probably the shortest one I found but with the clearest instructions (I’ve linked the video below). The first two rows were fiddly, but I know it well enough to not have to revisit practicing before I execute the technique. Winner, winner. 😀 My only issue is that the last stitches on the loop are so tight, it’s a struggle to get them back on the needles in the starting point. But other than that, it’s been pretty good. Next stop: DPNS!!!
- Felt in the mood for making “The Sunlight Shawl for Sad People“. No, no, no — I’m not sad! LOLOL! I just found it to be a very pretty pattern and a good one for my first shawl attempt. And with some Madeline Tosh fingering (purple yarn in the second pic) found in my stash, this should be a very enjoyable project.
- Will cut fabric to make about 4 – 6 of these potholders, hot pads … whatever you want to call them. I got some fat quarters from Jacey … errrrr .. a quilt might be in my future but in the meantime, potholders it is!
Hope you each are having a great, sunshiney, crafty week. 😀