My Rav group — Stash Knit Down — is having a summer stash dash. You know, that thing where you’re given clues and a set time-frame then you work on projects from your stash / queue that “kinda sorta fit the bill but doesn’t have to be like everyone else’s kinda thing”. Now say that fast three times!!! LOLOL!
You know us yarnies are nuts! LOLOL! The weather’s turning to sweltering and we’re thinking about what projects we can do. Nuts I tell ya!!!! I’ve never participated in one — sometimes RealLife gets in my way — but I love the theme of this one and the project guidelines. So from July 5th (s’posed to be July 1st, but I’m still cleaning up post apt renovation) – August 31st, I’m going to be working on these stash dash projects. The goal is to see how many projects you can complete, from your stash, but most importantly — to have FUN!!!
- Ice pop: complete your oldest WIP or use your oldest yarn
All I need to do is join the squares and make a sc back.
- Fresh strawberries: make something red: A phone cosy with some red cotton.
- Fireworks: make something with beads or sparkles: Never did beading before, this would be a great time to try.
Weeding: give away or donate one item (does not need to be knitting related):DONE: Gave clothes, shoes, accessories and knick nacks to Goodwill today.
- Beach: make a bag or something else you might carry to the beach: Water bottle cozy
- Sunburn: make a hat: Tuva
- Walking barefoot in the grass: make a pair of socks or slippers : First pair of socks in progress.
- Summer vacation: make something for a baby or a child: Blackberry Salad Blanket
- Swimming: make something blue or green: Summer vacation project is a variation of blues. 😛
- Summer reading: read 1 book: The Scarlet Letter — Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Lemonade: make something yellow: I have to think about this one.
- Allergies: make something that ISN’T made of wool: if this project doesn’t have to be knit related, I’ll make some soap or bath bombs. If yarn related, I’ll have to think about this
- Bonfires: make something out of the warmest yarn you have: I’ll have to think about a project for this yarn, it’s 100% Peruvian wool.
- Vacation: arrange a day or a weekend all to yourself: July 19 – 21 or August 16 – 18
I love the fact that this stash-down allows me to incorporate projects I’ve already started. Wooohooo! Now that I’m coming out of the renovation fog, I’m chomping at the bit to finish the clean-up and get cracking on these.
What crafty plans do you have for the summer? 😀