Sometimes even the most creative cook has trouble coming up with a meal that’s super, speedy quick and nutritious at the same time. In watching what I eat, I have to make sure that even my desserts fit the quick and nutritious bill. Friday I needed a q&n meal from the ingredients I had on hand (didn’t grocery shop yet) and came up with this.
- 10 ripped kale leaves
- 2 Italian spicy sausage (if you’re vegetarian, tofu can be substituted)
- 1 packet soy noodles
- chopped onion
- chopped green pepper
- Cook soy noodles according to package instructions
- Chop sausage into smaller bits and cook with chopped onions and green peppers.
- Add kale pieces and cook with the sausage bits until the kale pieces begin to get softer.
- Add noodles and stir into kale and sausage bits until fully mixed together. (Not too long since you don’t want the noodles to become to rubbery)