I guess being on vacation and feeling relaxed could do that to a person (despite the fact that I’ve been contacted EVERY day I’ve been home 🙄 ) But I’m not going to talk about that … I’m going to talk about the fact that the break has given me time to do two things I’ve been slacking on — reading and crocheting!
But enough of the rambling, on to the finished object — F.O. to you non-yarnites 😛
I love it!! The only thing I’d do differently the next time around is add 40 – 50 more chains if I use bulky yarn and 70 if I use worsted weight. I like my cowls a little more drapey rather than having a tighter fit. Other than those changes this little puppy is getting a big ole WIN!!!! It’s definitely better than the first one I made — both with the stitching and the yarn choice. I got a chance to jump back into the crochet saddle, practice my half double crochet and get a feeling of accomplishment.
- Name: Effortless Cowl
- Pattern Designer: Liz Trantham
- Pattern Modifications: None
- Techniques learned: Crocheting through the back loops only and crocheting in a round.
- Yarn: LionBrand Hometown USA in colour New Orleans French Berry
- Yardage Used: 162 yds (2 skeins)
- Number of “There’s only room for one of us in this house, yield or be broken!!!!” episodes: 0
Now let me get off of here and go tackle the granny square! 😀
And errr … knitting … not to worry, I’m not cheating indefinitely! I’ll be back. 😛
ETA: After not participating for a while, I’m joining Tami’s F.O Friday meme with this project.