Different title, same premise as this. I wasn’t sure I’d continue to do this project but there are just too many things I need to record. Some pleasant, some not so pleasant but all part and parcel in me growing to become the woman I need to be.
Asha, the first installment for the year is dedicated to you. In the week past, I’m grateful for:
- Beginning the week with a beautiful email message and video from e-pal Andi. I’m was moved to tears that she thought about me and the video was a great way to start the week.
- Experiencing the relief of surrender. I pray and I pray alot. There’s a situation at my job right now that’s causing me all kinds of anxiety. It’s a big deal and I’m not at fault but a fellow Director is trying to make it my fault. I admit that we both could have worked together to avoid this but that’s just the thing, he didn’t say a word when he noticed the issue then waited until he could get into trouble to say something. At this point, now he wants to make it all mine. I was reminded while I prayed to surrender the situation to God. Only He can work this out on my behalf. Once I did this, the week was pretty good, even while at work.
- Experiencing a new ritual of early bedtime wind down. Snow storms and cold nights have made it easy but I’ve been truly appreciating how beneficial good sleep is.
- Being reminded that crafting is really therapeutic.
- Being able to feed myself well.
- Experiencing a random but totally awesome conversation with a man on the bus about the state of society and how much we should be helping each other in our communities.
- Expanding my circle of friends. Denise, it was so good to meet you and cheers for more years of friendship.