Inspiration: DPNS

There’s hope for me yet!  Maybe this time, my hate, hate relationship with dpns will turn to love!

Sonja Zaitsevich just proved  (to me) that hats could be knitted on two dpns.  See her Sept 17th, 2013 Instagram entry if you’re interested.

I’m going to suck it up then give it a go!!!  Looks kinda like magic loop without the cord and without having to pull and slide stitches.

I’ll let y’all know how things turn out!  😀

Here’s a look from Rebecca Brown of Chemknits

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Inspiration: DPNS

1. Pearl November 28, 2013 / 7:06 am

You’re going to LOVE dp’s!

• Nicky November 28, 2013 / 8:20 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pearl. 😀

I tried before but got frustrated. I think I just need some patience, but who has time for that? So many things to knit … so little time!!! LOLOL!

2. Andi November 24, 2013 / 9:50 am

I am rather passionate about DPNs. Give me DPNs over magic loop any day. 🙂 Hope you find you love with them.

• Nicky November 24, 2013 / 10:36 am

LOLOL! I know you are. I use 16 inch needles for the base of my hats but I battle with dpns to finish and more often than not end up with ladders.

My goal is to refine my hat knitting skills since there’s so much beautiful hat inspiration out there! Now that the frigid Fall/Winter weather’s in my neck of the woods I need to get on the ball! 😀

3. Tracey November 23, 2013 / 3:17 pm

You can do it, rah, rah, rah!

• Nicky November 23, 2013 / 4:04 pm

LOLOL! You’re too sweet! Thanks for the encouragement. 😀

4. HannahDavis November 23, 2013 / 1:37 pm

Oh my gosh, what a great idea! I don’t like the big floppy loops when using the magic loop method, but I can see how it could work on DPNs!

• Nicky November 23, 2013 / 3:13 pm

Yes, me too! I can’t wait to try.

w