So I made my weekly trek over to Hannah’s blog to find out that she passed on to me another blog award. I’ve said it before, when I started blogging, it was really just to keep crafty tabs on myself and record somewhere what I make. I didn’t expect readers other than my crafty friends and family who know I blog. Blogging and crafting have connected me with some wonderful people so I’m really glad I’m doing it. Ha … now that I know people are reading, I guess I should update more often. 🙂
So thank you Hannah and here’s to all the other lovely blogs out there!!!!
The rules of receiving the award are that I share 7 random things about myself, so here they are:
- I’m a voracious reader. I was reading two grade levels ahead of my age when I was 5.
- I’m new to counted cross stitching but so far I love it!!! Keep on the look out soon for completed projects. 🙂
- Although I used to be a hardware tech in another life, I hate wireless connectivity. The security no matter how good is always more vulnerable to hacking. To that end, I don’t have an Ipad and use my laptop like a desktop. I understand the advantages, but I hate the risk.
- I clean my fridge when I’m mad and need to let off steam. 😀 What?!!! This is totally random. 😀
- I like polish on my toes but hate having it on my fingers. It chips too quickly there.
- I like earrings. The bolder, the better!!!
- Although I’ve lived in NY for 12 years, I’ve never been to Ellis Island. This summer it’s a must-do.
I’m also supposed to pass the award on to 7 blogs that are lovely. All of my nominees except for the one below have either gotten this award already. So I’m going to break the rules and award this to one of my favorite blogs — AutumnGeisha. Her work is phenomenal and she’s such a sweet, quiet and super encouraging presence. Her blog is another one that I visit every week and I get super excited with I see that she’s updated. We both are Jane Austen and ABBA (yes, the music group) fans — and I found out yesterday (from her Rav page) that she’s into counted cross-stitching also. Hop over to her spot, take a look, I promise you wouldn’t be disappointed!
Congratulations on the award and thank you so much for the sweet words! The best part about blogging is meeting kindred spirits 🙂
On my last trip to NYC with my mom, we visited Ellis Island. What an amazing experience. I could have spent all day there.
I’ve visited most of the “touristy” attractions in NYC but Ellis Island, Governor’s Island and the Statue of Liberty are three I haven’t visited. I’ve ridden by the statue on my way to Staten Island, so I aim to visit at least once.
Glad you had a great time visiting here. It’s really an amazing city. 😀
Congrats on the award, I see we have a few more things in common. My toenails stay painted, but my fingernails… forget about it.
Same views about technology, and I do use my Macbook Pro like my desktop.
I still have the first big cross stitch project I made, afghan that has these gorgeous roses surrounding the afghan. It took almost a year to complete.
It’s amazing how much (in general) people are more alike than different!!! Simply amazing.
I’m glad to see that I’m not alone re my technology views. It’s scary to me how much info is stored on these wireless devices and how easily accessible it is for a stranger to get it.
My goodness, I’m not at your level yet, right now … little cross stitch projects are where I’m at. Yours must be beautiful!!! You should post it on your blog. 🙂
Thank you Kate. Glad you could drop by my little web corner. 🙂