Errrrr … I received an award. 😳
The lovely Opal of Celebrate Life listed me as one of her picks for the “Versatile Blogger” award last week.
I “met” Opal through a meme series I participate in WIP Wednesdays/FO Fridays on Tami’s blog.
Opal has been as gracious and encouraging to me in the short time I’ve met as she is creative. A newbie crocheter like myself, she’s fearless in the way she lives and crafts. Her obvious commitment to her faith, her daughter, health and crafts inspires me as I’m sure it does her other readers.
I never thought I’d receive a blogging award. When I started to blog it was really out of laziness. I used to keep written journals but it got easier to type. I used to keep another personal blog, but it got easier to merge my interests into this one. See what I mean? Pure laziness!!! 😀 Whatever my initial reasons for starting this blog, I’ve continued to document partly because I enjoy it, I enjoy crafting and partly because of the relationships I’ve developed because of it.
I appreciate all the readers who take the time to read and or comment and it’s especially good to know that someone enjoyed my babblings so much that she gave me this award.
There are some requirements that go along with accepting he award so let me get to that. 🙂
Versatile Blogger Award requirements
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Ms. Opal
- Include a link to their blog. The link to her blog: Celebrate Life
Next, select 15 bloggers that you follow regularly or have recently discovered. I’m not sure if I have 15 bloggers to list, but these are some I really enjoy and am nominating as a “Versatile Blogger”:
- It’s Knot You. Lauren’s blog is one of the first I started to follow when I really took knitting seriously and she is also my first follower. She’s one of my most frequent visitors and is very encouraging. I love the mix of healthy living/eating and knitting on her blog. She’s a very quiet, consistent and gifted presence on the net and I read her blog as often as she posts.
- It’s Own Reward. Although we’ve never met, I’m going to go ahead and consider Asha a friend. If I still lived in the Caribbean, we would have been able to take 35 min trips to each other’s islands to have knitting/crocheting marathons. But as fate would have it, we met on Ravelry. Asha’s a young knitting and crochet maverick. Unafraid to try new techniques or colour combinations. Personally, she’s more than done her share in giving me encouragement — in the form of fibre and books — totally surprising me with her generosity.
- Crocheting The Day Away. Mary’s tutorials rock!!!! I love her simplicity and her work. She makes the most beautiful crochet items and she’s becoming a knitting aficionado as well. Her love of colour is evident in the patterns and items she creates. I don’t think she knows I’m a fan but I get excited when she updates.
- Herrlichkeiten. OMG, Christina, Christina, Christina!!!! Her knitting and photography are to die for!!! The woman is a beast. She finishes projects as soon as she thinks about them — she’s that fast!!! Just go to her blog and see! Trust me, you wouldn’t be disappointed! And on top of that she sews!!!!
- Yarn Berry. Liz is another blogger who doesn’t know that I
trollerrrrrr, visit, her blog. She’s committed to learning new techniques and is serious about crafting. Who makes a yarn bowl … who? Liz does!!!!
- Little Rays of Sunshine. Kim is gracious as she is talented. I love her crochet designs and her model (daughter Emma) is absolutely adorable.
- Creatively Motivated. Blogging dynamic duo Nizzy and Dragon Willow are responsible for this blog. Between the knitting and jewelry making, these two do amazing work!!!!
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Oh boy … 7 things about myself … here it goes:
- Although my job in HR forces me to talk alot, I’m a total introvert. Sometimes I come home physically tired from all the interaction.
- Despite loving crafting so much, reading is still my favorite past-time.
- I love eyeshadow. I got this as a gift to myself for my birthday last October:
- I love cooking and baking in addition to crafting.
- I love teas. I’m a huge tea drinker. All the flavours. Loose or bagged.
- I love, love, love “Masterpiece Theatre”.
- I have over 400 cds and about 35 and counting vinyl records.
I think that about does it. Here’s to more blogging, more crafting, more community!!!!! Thanks again Opal!!!! 🙂
Aw…shucks! Thank you Nicky and it goes without saying that we are friends. Great to get to know more about you! You have a LOT of CD’s oh my. And eye-shadow as a fashion expression not bad…
Looking forward to learning more about you and hopefully meeting up soon! Very soon!
Me too. Are you visiting this summer? 😀
Hopefully, more towards September-ish. If my boss gives me the time!
Whoa you weren’t kidding! You love your eye shadow!
Besides #1 and #3, it looks as if we have a lot in common, so nice to learn a more about you!
Thanks so much for playing along. Thanks for your kind words too. I’m happy that I stumbled upon your site.
I’m looking forward to checking out the sites you mentioned. I’m equal opportunity I love crochet and knitting sites, and a whole slew of others too… 😉
Oh, I can’t wait to see some of your knitting projects!
I volunteered at the food pantry today, another volunteer (20 something lady knitter) was there… she knitted this adorable penguin. That’s on my list of things to knit, when I add that back into my crafting routine. she asked me to tag along with her to the Maryland Sheep & Wool festival, that’s this coming weekend. I hope I can attend. /fingers crossed If I’m able to attend, I think I’ll be breaking my yarn diet. Uh oh!
Eyeshadow feeds my love for colour and creativity. You should see the rest of the stash! Aye Vey!!! 😀
It’s great to have met you too and to know that we have more in common that we even thought. I tell you … the internet can be dicey but I’ve really made some great connections through the online crafty community.
OMG! 😦 I’m so jealous. I wanted to come to the Maryland Wool and Sheep festival — maybe next year. Have a blast and get some great stuff. You have my permission to put your yarn diet on pause for that event. 😀