I know for some, crafting started on Day 1 of 2015 but it took a few days for me to get started. But once I did, as the kids in my neighborhood would say, “it was on and poppin’.” To start the year, I figured a little focus on someone else would be a good way to start my crafting year. Seems like that was everyone’s thought since charity crafting is the focus of the Ravelry’s HPKCHC Quidditch Match 1 (Winter 2015). Out of those thoughts came these:
Two crochet beanies to be added to some other hand-made goodies for babies dropped off or left in my local area hospital under Daniel’s Law. No one needs to start his or her life being unloved and/or unwanted. While the hats might not make any difference to the abandonment circumstances, my hope that in some small measure, the Little Princes and Princesses will have a better than nothing at all start with the handcrafted layettes these hats will be a part of.
- Pattern: Newborn Hat
- Designer: Athena De La Rosa
- Modifications: Used aran weight yarn in order to create a larger sized hat. Added two rounds of sc (single crochet) through the front loops to lengthen and add a decorative element to the pattern. I also attached some iron appliques for some added panache!
- Yarn Used: Vanna Choice in Dusty Blue and Beige. King Cole’s Cotton DK (pink yarn)
- My Ravelry page: The Little Prince & The Little Princess
- Additional comments: These items have been totally crafted from my stash, including my library of patterns. One of my crafting goals this year is to work through the entire year with my current stash and pattern library (outside of any unsolicited gifts I might receive this year).
How has your crafting year started?