- 1 cup solid raw cocoa butter & shea butter
- 1/4 cup of jojoba oil
- 1/4 sweet almond oil
- Dark chocolate fragrance oil
- Melt shea & cocoa butter and jojoba mixture in double boiler or make-shift boiler if you don’t have one.
- Melting process started.
- Almost melted.
- Completely melted. Add the sweet almond oil and any essential fragrance oils chosen — make sure the essential oils are skin safe, since not all of them are. I used a Dark Chocolate flavor. Yum, yum.
- Allow the mixture to cool. I put mine in the freezer for 20 mins. or so until a hard crust builds on the top of the mixture.
- Use hand mixture or KitchenAid mixer and whip until the mixture is firm and mousse like.
- Use lightly — feel decadent!!!!!
Goal: to get to the point of the perfect mixture. In comparison to the batch I made here, it’s firmer, and less oily. Win, win!!! 😀
adapted from this recipe here