Hard To Get Back To Normal …

The events of murder and racial unrest in America last week have left me raw, hurt, frustrated, despairing, angry but mostly, very afraid.  To see the country split and polarized by these events, to see some of the population totally unfeeling where some deaths are concerned but rallying incredibly around others is hurtful and scary.  Right now, I need to clear my head.  Right now it’s hard to get back to normal so I’m stepping away a bit.  I need to get out of the head-space I’m in, see you when I do.

• RIP: Alton Sterling
  • RIP: Philando Castile
  • RIP: Patrick Zamarripa
  • RIP: Brent Thompson
  • RIP: Michael Krol
  • RIP: Michael Smith
  • RIP: Lorne Ahrens

I pray for those left behind.  I pray for that traumatized 4 year old daughter who saw her father shot in front of her but didn’t quite get how her life was going to change.  I pray for Alton Sterling’s 15 year old son who wept bitterly for his dad.  I pray for all the children of the deceased officers, all now fatherless in an angry, hateful, scary world.  I pray that this next generation can work towards peace and respect for peoples of all colours and not let these incidents reduce them to agents of retaliation and hate, cause right now, we’re doing a piss-poor job.

source

8 thoughts on “Hard To Get Back To Normal …

1. rae July 11, 2016 / 6:17 pm

it’s just all too heartbreaking… sending you love xoxoxo

• Nicky September 5, 2016 / 12:10 pm

It’s really heartwarming to know I have your support. ❤

2. IamDWJ July 11, 2016 / 8:39 am

I’m with you. Friday had me so distraught, I just couldn’t. I had to take the weekend to really decompress and heal. Take your time to heal!

• Nicky September 5, 2016 / 12:10 pm

Thank you friend! I took a really long time but I think I’m ready to get back into the swing of things. ❤

3. monica July 10, 2016 / 8:41 pm

beautiful post about so sad situations. we must do better. we can do better, i hope. all the love…thinking of you xoxo

• Nicky September 5, 2016 / 12:11 pm

And to you too Monica — all the love. ❤

• Nicky September 5, 2016 / 12:12 pm

Talking about it is helpful for me. Knowing that I have support from online friends like you is worth even more. ❤