- I’m feeling: content despite still having this cold.
- I’m listening to: the sounds of my fan whirling softly in my living room. It’s kinda hypnotic.
- I’m thinking of: how inconsiderate people can be sometimes. I’m pledging to be more mindful of how I speak to people and how much I consider someone else’s well being before I do certain things. All situations, no matter how we feel about them, are not always crises.
- I’m reading: The Bountiful Container.
I’m looking forward to: watching my lemon balm, rosemary, watercress, basil (planted a second set) and English thyme germinate. I know, I know, that’s like watching a pot boil but I can’t help it. 😀
- I’m practicing: self awareness especially understanding my negative triggers.
- I’m enjoying: gardening — obviously 😛 — NY in the summer, fish as my primary meat source, seasonal fruits and veggies, my new thyme plant and summer time light cooking.
- I’m creating: a bigger container garden. Don’t ask me about what happens to them in the winter. 😛
- I’m grateful for: a free dress from H & M. I bought three but the cashier only rang two up. I didn’t notice until I got home. When I went back to pay, the cashiers were amazed that I was honest and gave me the dress for free. New yarn. I bought some earlier this week for my mood blanket so I could participate in the Cold-Sheeping Extreme Challenge on Ravelry. Of course a few extra skeins found their way in the basket. See that’s why I need to cold sheep. No discipline when it comes to yarn. The neons are to be combined with muted colours for some colourwork excitement. Being able to bounce back quickly from two negative situations at work. New jewelry. An okra plant from a co-worker. A swap gift. Yes, I know I said no swapping, but this one really tempted me. I’m so weak. 😛
- Around the house are: NO MORE mini messes in every room!!! I just couldn’t take it anymore so I spent the better part of July 4th getting everything back to the way they’re supposed to be.
- In my kitchen: grilled tilapia, rosemary herb sweet potato wedges in the oven. Fruit and green salad in the fridge. Hmmm … I wonder if my management company would give me space on the roof to grow a vegetable gaarden? ❗
- I’m planning later in the coming week to: juice some more, work on my Flax sweater, MacGyver some file boxes to act as planters for the okra plant. It’s producing flowers; I have to see if I can plant it fast enough to get some okra before summer ends. Start gathering information on how to keep my perennials alive in an apt during the coming winter. Get my measurements and some before pictures before I start exercising hard. Get rid of my craft list page for 2014. I’m realising that my interests changed and I no longer want to be bound to this list. Now I’m just going to craft what I want to.
- My quote/verse for the upcoming week is:
- I’m wishing you: the very best of Sundays and a wonderful week ahead.