It’s been two weeks since I last posted and so much has happened in that short space of time. You know some of it already but there’s always more. I needed to re-focus, spring clean my mind and space, so despite the lack of posts I’ve been a busy little bee. Since so much has been going on, this week’s gratitude post will be more pictures than words. So let’s have it, shall we? 😉
click on image circles for larger view
While I was gone I:
- created new work spaces. Moving my sewing machine to the window gives me a lovely view of the neighbourhood at night while I’m sitting at the work-table.
- put together my new storage system for all things yarny, fabric-y and otherwise crafty. For a moment, I was kinda scared that my yarn wouldn’t fit, but except for two smaller bins of sweater quantities and acrylic, all my babies are there for me to access easily. Having the tower of bins out of my bedroom has made such a difference in the way the room looks now. Sometime in the near future, I’ll be painting most of the brown bookshelf matte black with one side of it in chalkboard paint.
- made a template so I can make covers for my new storage boxes. I plan to cover these with fabric.
- registered for Stitches East 2014. So very excited to attend that.
- am watching new things come to life — watercress, basil, impatiens, cilantro (that’s almost ready for transplanting) and newly sprouted today jalapeno pepper shoots — was so soul nourishing. Small evidence that in the midst of death, life continues on in many forms.
- adopted a succulent garden. The challenge is to make have them make it through the winter then I can call myself a real gardener. 😀
- made rye soda bread with chive butter (the base for the butter is brie). Delish!
- had my building management put in a set of stand-alone cabinets with counter-top, now my juicer can be used daily instead of living in a box. That change has made such a huge difference in food prep and cooking. I’m really grateful that they saw my vision.
- updated and sent out something that needed to be updated and sent out. No words necessary except to say that it’s time.
- said goodbye to my old dress-form (Malynda). She was a gift from my mother. At the time, I thought having a foam form would work as my body changes because you can tweak her casing to fit your frame, but I didn’t count on the foam eventually drying out and not being able to sustain the stand. So I’m in the market for another form. My waist to hip ratio is so wide, it was hard to shop for a form previously, so any tips would help.
- did a whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooole lot of spring cleaning. I’m almost done. What’s left can be done as the mood strikes. Except of course for my crafty WIPs, I have to really get these under control. I’m struggling with the size of my mood blanket, but we’ll talk about that later.
- spring-cleaned my life. New goals, new challenges, new habits to be formed. Some will be documented here for accountability.
- was reminded of how good it is to experience new mercies from God every day.
I’ll be back next week with my old format, but before I end today’s post I have to say thank you so very much for your support over the last two weeks. Some of you contacted me through email, left messages here, or contacted me through Ravelry. It’s really wonderful to be a part of your life and community. ❤
I also want to thank Elisa for my new blog header. We’d talked about her making me a personalised one before and I was supposed to point her in the direction of ones I like. I didn’t do my homework. 😦 However, on the day of my friend Lorraine’s memorial service, I got an email from her. Said she had dreams about me and I should check my email. It was a wonderful surprise on a day that was so very difficult.
Hope you’ve all been well and cheers for a great upcoming week.