- I’m feeling: excited.
- I’m listening to: birds singing their birdsong on my fire-escape aka “The Balcony” 😀
- I’m thinking: how easy it is to accumulate “stuff”, how much stuff I have and how much I should use the “stuff” I already have.
- I’m reading: The Bountiful Container, The Reboot With Joe Juice Diet, Juicing For Life, Green Cleaning, Beautiful Home on A Budget, 365 Ways to Prepare for Christmas, Mad About A Boy (which I did not enjoy that much). It’s been a time of revamping, cleansing and learning to be content in whatsoever state I am. My reading material this week has been taking me places I’d long forgotten but needed to go back to.
- I’m looking forward to: my current home improvement projects. Painting my old lawyer’s bookshelf to accommodate my crafty tools. My long weekend off this coming week.
- I’m learning: to be “content in whatsoever state I’m in”.
- I’m enjoying: purging my home and seeing its possibilities. Movement towards some level of sufficiency and the effort it takes to do so. The sight of my new Ball jars.
- I’m creating: New work-spaces. My bedroom redo that’s done and I’m so very happy with the outcome. Home cooked meals.
- I’m grateful for: Nikki and Attah. A week at work of every day being filled with laughter until I cried. My mom’s home building project being in its final week. Daily chats with my brother N. Finding out from my building super that the management company approved my getting an additional work counter and cabinets. These will give me more space in that tiny kitchen to food prep and cook comfortably. Getting approved finally for two days of vacation. It’s not two weeks but I’ll take it. Just being excited at some of the changes I want to make — i.e. re-purposing my home, planting a container garden.
- In my kitchen: my stove is calling me. I attacked my spring cleaning / re-decorating with such gusto, I didn’t have time to cook. I ended up purchasing food at a restaurant in my neighborhood.
- I’m planning later in the coming week to: Finish my planting. Paint my bookshelf. Finish the preliminary purging and re-decorating. Enjoy a mani/pedi and exfoliation next weekend. Working on my mood blanket that I’ve woefully fallen behind on. I’m 4 weeks behind and I need to catch up before I lose track.
- I’m wishing you: the very best of Sundays — well Monday 😀 — and a wonderful week ahead.
the new format for “Gratitude Sunday” is borrowed from “The Simple Woman’s Daybook” series