- I’m feeling: peaceful.
- I’m listening to: the sounds of my neighborhood.
- I’m thinking: of the week past and what I need to learn from it. Of what I’ll need to do for a possible career change. Of a trip to Ikea.
- I’m reading: my Bible and “Around The World in 80 Days” by Jules Vernes. Phileas Fobb’s determination to meet his challenge … just because, has been inspiring all week.
- I’m looking forward to: extra daylight after a long, brutal winter.
- I’m learning: patience.
- I’m enjoying: quiet, being able to center and extra time I get to enjoy doing the things that rejuvenate me because of my “no T.V” Lenten 2014 fast. I’m not a big T.V. watcher but even the time I spent doing so took valuable time away from other enriching pursuits. It’s been quite an eye-opening experience so far.
- I’m creating: several knit and crochet projects.
- I’m grateful for: a love package sent by my parents with some of my favourite foods from home. An all day text marathon with my brother (N). A “hey how ya doing, I love you” call from my brother (A). Another unpleasant work situation this week which has made my resolve for personal well-being even more strong. Girls’ night in with my friend Tamiko. Wine, food, laughter, shared joys and difficulties was just what the Dr. ordered. A kick in the pants from my friend Laurie-Ann. Being challenged to up my creative game. Being reminded that my life is worth defending, improving and enjoying.
- Around the house are: open windows. Soft, cleansing “soon to be Spring” breezes. The scents of a Lavendar and a Blackberry Vanilla candles.
- In my kitchen: my favourite soup is on the stove.
- I’m planning later in the coming week to: do my taxes. Get some fresh flowers from the Farmer’s Market. Practice my spinning on Olga. My drafting is becoming more fluid but my hand foot coordination still needs work. Get on my sewing machine to make some much needed pot-holders for my kitchen.
- I’m wishing you: the very best of Sundays and a wonderful week ahead.
the new format for “Gratitude Sunday” is borrowed from “The Simple Woman’s Daybook” series