Mood Blanket Update: January Edition

FoldedAs per the last update … I can no longer fit this project into this WIP basket!

I’ve made some mods to my original plans:

• swapping out the beige separator for crisp white
  • changing what red means.  No longer representing anger and fear.  It now represents anger that was a catalyst for tangible change. Gives a whole new perspective to being angry and expressing anger.
  • number of rounds will no longer be representative as the number of days I felt a particular emotion.  Each weekly emotion will be represented by only two rounds in the representative colour.

Here’s my baby as at the final Tuesday of January 2014 and I can’t wait to go the distance with this.  Getting to this point has really challenged me to stick with the project and making sure that as the rows get longer, I do one row per day instead of waiting to do all together.

January 2014I think more mods are coming.  Some of the yarn I used are from my deep, deep stash!  I’ve found out that two of them are now discontinued.  I’ll be visiting the yarn store to see if the line (Lionbrand Woolease) has colours that are close match replacements or I might have to change my key.  Not too worried though … I’m sure I’ll find something; if not, I’ll just have to be open to change.

She’s going to be a giant, but I love that!

Linking this post to Hazel’s Crochet Mood Blanket 2014 meme.  I’ll be doing monthly linkups (last Tuesday of the month) instead of every Tuesday.

13 thoughts on “Mood Blanket Update: January Edition

1. denise/snoopy February 2, 2014 / 11:43 am

Love the evolution of the Red symbolism. And it’s coming along beautifully!

• Nicky February 2, 2014 / 11:58 am

Thanks love. 😀

Can’t wait to see you!!!

2. smudge1462 January 31, 2014 / 2:20 am

Your blanket is looking lovely and the white really shows off the other colours and makes them pop!! I hope you manage to track down the yarn brand you are looking for!

• Nicky February 2, 2014 / 10:36 am

Thanks so much Smudge! Even if I don’t find the yarn brand, I’m okay with adding a similar colourway. I’m trying to embrace change and not be so stuck on things I can’t control. I figure this mood blanket is a great place to start. 😀

• smudge1462 February 4, 2014 / 3:55 am

I think you may be right!! I am doing the African Violet flower motif, and started in January with two colours in each flower. Then I became worried – should I start throwing in motifs with three colours or would that look odd?? I have now decided to give it a of, and it looks fine!!

• Nicky February 4, 2014 / 9:44 pm

We really do put too much pressure on ourselves sometimes. Glad your change worked out the way you needed it too.

3. Pearl January 29, 2014 / 6:00 am

Well done!

• Nicky February 2, 2014 / 10:36 am

Thanks so much lady! 😀 I’m enjoying this so much, not even the length of the rounds is putting a damper on my enthusiasm.

4. Hazels Crochet January 29, 2014 / 2:59 am

This is really pretty and I think you are the only one doing a big square like this. I was planning to but decided for my sanity to stick to small squares! I totally love your colours!

• Nicky February 2, 2014 / 10:38 am

Thanks Hazel. 😀 I question my sanity in doing the large granny square — LOLOL — but it’s too late to back out now! 😀

5. Preeti January 28, 2014 / 11:20 pm

Soooo lovely! I went back to your original post and checked on the latest color addition… it said, ‘excited’ 🙂 Yay for excitement!!!

• Nicky February 2, 2014 / 10:40 am