This week … another mixed bag. My strongest supporter at my current job has left, my auntie Shirley had a stroke, my mother’s being run ragged by my aunt’s children, I had a stinking sinus infection, I was tired of it, and I’m just tired. But today’s reflection on the week reminded me that there were still blessings and things I can be grateful for. This week:
- I am grateful for the break in the humid, uncomfortable weather. It’s beginning to feel like Fall and I love it!
- I’m grateful that my aunt’s stroke has not left her paralyzed, unable to speak or cause her to lose any of her mental faculties. I thank God in the biggest way for that.
- I’m grateful that my Dr. was able to give me meds for my sinus infection. I’m beginning to feel better and my discomfort has been totally eliminated!
- I’m grateful for this object lesson: I put my basil in water (not dirt) and it sprouted flowers. It was a reminder that even in unfamiliar, abnormal circumstances, I can thrive if I make up my mind to.
- I was looking for butterfly decals for a D.I.Y project and found options that were $25.00 and up. Errrrrr no!!! Went to the Dollar store in my work neighbourhood and found some for .99c. Now that’s what I call a blessing!
- I was grateful for fall weather. Fall weather = comfort food for me. So it was on for my crock-pot and some chili was in order!!!
Hope you each had a great week and cheers for a wonderful upcoming week! 😀