I left work on Friday August 30th — totally hyped for a week of fun, crafting and living la vida tourist in NY during my staycation. Instead, by the time I got home, I felt tired and sleepy. After waking from a nap I just couldn’t seem to get away from, I had instead a week of cold, flu and bronchitis. Yes, my friends, a week of the cruds! But even while in crud land, there was much to be thankful for believe it or not.
- Although I was sick, and I didn’t want to be, I did get the rest that I needed.
- Although I live alone, my family in the area checked in on me every day.
- I got an early birthday gift from my mom! Got it on Monday but didn’t put it together yet. Can’t wait to start using it.
- Got some spinning fibre pretties. More importantly, the darker of the two is FREE!!!
- Home-made chicken soup. The radish slices gave it a great earthy, hearty taste.
- I was still able to see my cousin R who was visiting the US for the past five weeks. She really wanted to see me before she left today and she made sure she did. We had a wonderful time yesterday morning — even if it was only for a few hours.
- I really wanted to start cooking like I used to and wanted to start going back to the Farmer’s Market. My cousin took me yesterday so I really got to meet that goal.
- Also got some external (Lysol) and internal (liquah!!) germ killers!!! 😉
- Although I did absolutely no crafting done, I got a chance on Friday to clean up my craft basket and really plan what I want to do for my Fall/Winter knit/crochet projects.
- Being able to count my Rhinebeck pennies! Literally! 😉 I got $130.00 in coins! Booyah!!!!
Hope each of you had a wonderful week! Cheers for a great week coming up. 🙂