I left work on Friday August 30th — totally hyped for a week of fun, crafting and living la vida tourist in NY during my staycation. Instead, by the time I got home, I felt tired and sleepy. After waking from a nap I just couldn’t seem to get away from, I had instead a week of cold, flu and bronchitis. Yes, my friends, a week of the cruds! But even while in crud land, there was much to be thankful for believe it or not.
- Although I was sick, and I didn’t want to be, I did get the rest that I needed.
- Although I live alone, my family in the area checked in on me every day.
- I got an early birthday gift from my mom! Got it on Monday but didn’t put it together yet. Can’t wait to start using it.
- Got some spinning fibre pretties. More importantly, the darker of the two is FREE!!!
- Home-made chicken soup. The radish slices gave it a great earthy, hearty taste.
- I was still able to see my cousin R who was visiting the US for the past five weeks. She really wanted to see me before she left today and she made sure she did. We had a wonderful time yesterday morning — even if it was only for a few hours.
- I really wanted to start cooking like I used to and wanted to start going back to the Farmer’s Market. My cousin took me yesterday so I really got to meet that goal.
- Also got some external (Lysol) and internal (liquah!!) germ killers!!! 😉
- Although I did absolutely no crafting done, I got a chance on Friday to clean up my craft basket and really plan what I want to do for my Fall/Winter knit/crochet projects.
- Being able to count my Rhinebeck pennies! Literally! 😉 I got $130.00 in coins! Booyah!!!!
Hope each of you had a wonderful week! Cheers for a great week coming up. 🙂
I’m having a bit of internal germ cleanser right now… 😉
Hope you’re feeling better. I had a bit of allergies bothering me this week, probably the change of weather.
And you wanna slip me some of that basil. I can use with the fresh tomato sauce I made. Please and thank you.
Didn’t that internal cleanser fix you up just right?!!!! 😛
I’m definitely feeling better today. Ended up having to go to the Dr. since the remainder of what I had turned into a nasty sinus infection. God forbid that I start having sinus troubles!!!! No ma’am, Ms Pam!
As for the basil … I’ll bring you a bunch on the day we’re going to Rhinebeck! 😀
It looks like you had a restful staycation! Hope you’re feeling A-OK now. Chicken soup with radishes sounds yummy and I love your FM haul with Strawberry Lemonade – double yum!
I’m getting to A-Ok and for that I’m extremely grateful. Although I slept alot, last week was very uncomfortable so I’m going to do what I need to to not go back! LOLOL!
I love FM; it’s hard to imagine living someplace where I can’t walk to one.
Glad you’re feeling better! I hope you can have a better week this week.You inspire me to look for the good stuff even when things aren’t that great.
Thank you so much Heather. Life is tough sometimes, but there’s always some good. 🙂
Way to go on keeping up your spirits even if you have been laid low all week. Glad that you are back at it again. Those veggies look awesome.
It was great being back at the Farmer’s Market. Actually … totally awesome!!!! Reminded me of our markets at home. Great, organically grown produce. Yummzers!!!