This week wasn’t without its challenges but a change in attitude and mindset made everything alright! This week I’m grateful for:
- Putting my feet up! I came home on Tuesday this week; I put my feet up, exhaled and got jiggy with some yarn! 😀
- A great hair week! So many compliments and a long conversation with a stranger on the train about natural hair care.
- Having the baby shower I planned with short notice turn out awesome for the young woman I supervise. She was supposed to leave work in the next two weeks but I found out this week that her leave start date got changed to yesterday (Friday). She was really touched and surprised and I’m so happy that the staff came out the way they did for her.
- Dinner plans with a friend later tonight.
- Receiving a record on vinyl that I have been looking for for the past two years! Booyah!!! Jamaican saxophonist Dean Frasier covers some Bob Marley tracks — totally awesome Sunday evening or any time relaxation music! I found cd copies too and got both volumes 1 & 2. The vinyl record was a treat to find so I HAD to get it! 😀 This collection is very special to me. I initially got the set on cassette tape from my friend Deirdre. I remember her and home every time I listen to it.
- The laundry-mat in my building has been closed until further notice so I had to find an outside one to go to. Because of the distance I have to walk now to the new one it means that I can’t run home after the wash cycle while my clothes are drying. I’m not looking forward to that in the winter … but … Today I realised that I could either knit, crochet or practice my spinning while I wait. That minor inconvenience gave me 1.5 hours of uninterrupted knitting, hooky and spinning time. Awesome trade-off is what I say!!! #fistpump!!! Today gave me time to work on my first KAL/CAL item complete with a captive audience of three eight year old boys! LOLOL! 😀
- And of course, new yarn always makes my weeks better. LOLOL!! I’m still on my sheep even with these. I’d ordered these when I stepped off my sheep a few weeks ago. The seller took some time to get them to me; she wasn’t happy with one of the skeins and decided to redo it. The finished skein was worth the wait! They both were! The vibrancy of the colourways cannot be described. Not even the seller’s photos (that I used below) captured how awesome they are. And what’s even better, is that the colourways are from one of my favourite series — Downton Abbey!
I love Downton Abbey too! Those yarns look amazing.
I stan for that show!!! I never miss an episode. 😀 And the yarns … even more divine in person. The seller did an excellent job with them. It’s sock yarn but I love to colourways so much, I’m looking for shawlette patterns for these. They’re too pretty to be hidden in shoes.