At the end of each year, I do some reflection and try to find a word that I want to characterize the upcoming year.
This morning on my walk to the pharmacy, the word that came to me was — CONTENTMENT.
I’m still mulling over what that word would mean to my situation personally and the ways in which I need to incorporate it in my life for 2013. But while I thought about it this morning, the following verse came to mind:
Initial thoughts as I prepare to embody this spiritual concept for 2013 are:
- that I stay spiritually grounded
- that I remember that I am worth the effort
- that I simplify my life — personally, professionally, academically, emotionally
- that I let go any thing, habit, past-time or person that does not add positively to my life
- that I remember that I’m never too old to have dreams
- that I work concretely towards realizing some of those dreams in 2013
- that I let go the things I can’t control
- that I find time every day to do something creative
May each of you have courage to find, develop or embody your passions and life goals in 2013. I’m looking forward to an adventurous 2013 for me and for you!
Happy New Year!!!