This weekend, I recommitted to eating better than I have in the last couple of months. I started off the week with this very easy made-up recipe.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 3 stalks of chives (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (grated)
- 1 tbs mayonnaise (veganise can be used)
- 1/4 cup shredded soy cheese (mozzarella flavored)
- Mix all ingredients except mushrooms in a small bowl
- Spoon mixture over portobellos
- Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 25 mins.
- Cut the baked mushrooms length-wise and serve over brown rice. I used a mixture of brown rice and spinach.
- The other two mushrooms — one will be used to make a sandwich for lunch tomorrow and the other for dinner with a salad later in the week.
Ooo this sounds delicious! I will have to give them a try. Thanks for the recipe!
Anytime!!! 😀 They even taste great as left-overs.
Those look delicious! I love mushrooms. Perhaps I’m a Hobbit? lol
Have you ever grown your own? I grew some in our home as well as outdoors. Harvested mushrooms have much more flavor than the store bought variety.
Well hello fellow-Hobbit friend!!! 😀 I love mushrooms like I don’t know what. I find every excuse to use them.
I’ll have to talk to you about growing them in my house. Expect email soon about that and some other stuff. 🙂
I’m the same way, I love mushrooms! I ordered my mushrooms from Mushroom adventures. When I read Lord of the Rings, I had a big smile when Tolkien wrote about the Hobbits love of mushrooms. I said to myself… oh perhaps I’m a Hobbit! 🙂 I’m short, 5′; but that would be tall by Hobbit standards. 😉
I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂