This weekend started off kinda “not so happy”. I’m not turning this blog into a life blog but I think I can say on here that I was bummed out that my blood sugar issues are still with me. I was really anticipating a better result and I was really, really down about it not being where I thought it should be. I’m not diabetic but if I don’t get it under control, I’ll become. So like I said, this weekend didn’t start so happy, but I’m good now. After some encouragement from my mom and some prayer, I’m good now. 🙂
These things made me happy this weekend:
- Saying “Happy Birthday” to both my mom and my dad. Yep … they both celebrated birthdays yesterday. I know … super unlikely. They are both 6000 miles away from me, but I was able to speak with them both between yesterday and today.
- Being given another chance to get my health together.
- My strawberry nut smoothie.
- Movie: 27 Dresses. A chick-flick but for some reason I like it.
- Movie: The Bronx Tale. Ridiculously good. I saw the clean version on FX.
- A new crochet book from Ebay for less than $10 bucks. I love Erika Knight publications.
- Oven baked fries, shrimp in garlic sauce and salad.