This weekend started off kinda “not so happy”. I’m not turning this blog into a life blog but I think I can say on here that I was bummed out that my blood sugar issues are still with me. I was really anticipating a better result and I was really, really down about it not being where I thought it should be. I’m not diabetic but if I don’t get it under control, I’ll become. So like I said, this weekend didn’t start so happy, but I’m good now. After some encouragement from my mom and some prayer, I’m good now. 🙂
These things made me happy this weekend:
- Saying “Happy Birthday” to both my mom and my dad. Yep … they both celebrated birthdays yesterday. I know … super unlikely. They are both 6000 miles away from me, but I was able to speak with them both between yesterday and today.
- Being given another chance to get my health together.
- My strawberry nut smoothie.
- Movie: 27 Dresses. A chick-flick but for some reason I like it.
- Movie: The Bronx Tale. Ridiculously good. I saw the clean version on FX.
- A new crochet book from Ebay for less than $10 bucks. I love Erika Knight publications.
- Oven baked fries, shrimp in garlic sauce and salad.
I’m glad you got to speak to your parents on their joint birthday (and how cool is it that they have the same birthday?).
And I like the look of that crochet book—I want to make myself a pair of those slippers on the cover, I think! I can’t wait to see what (if anything) you end up making from it. 🙂
The fact that they have the same birthday never gets old for me … I find it super strange that they’d have the same birth date and end up married. What are the chances of that. 😀
I’m checking the book out now. Most of the projects are doable although I’m a super newbie. I’ll find a way to get the slipper pattern to you. 😀
I loooove 27 Dresses! I have a huge soft spot for crappy rom coms and action films. They’re completely brainless, but they make me smile.
I feel the same way. Brainless is just what the doctor orders sometimes. 😀
I’m glad that you were able to find some happy things. I love 27 Dresses so much even though I know it probably is a really horrible movie.
Thanks Lauren. I try to remember that there’s always something to be thankful/grateful/happy about despite life’s bumps.
LOLOL … as for 27 Dresses … it’s like a train wreck, we can’t look away although we know it’s not a great movie. Every single time it comes on telly, I watch. I can’t help it. 😀