This week was filled with all kinds of unexpected kindnesses. Reminded me that there are wonderful people, thoughtful people, still left in the world.
- The week opened with a bus driver who waited for me at the bus stop. She saw me hurrying across the street with my metro pass-card in hand. Although they’re not supposed to stop if no-one is getting off or waiting at the bus-stop, she waited for me and I was truly grateful!
- Another day when I needed to refill my pass-card I had to take a cab to the train station. I was short $1.00 on the fare but the taxi-driver said that it was okay. Whew!!!!
- My co-worker sent me cake through inter-office mail. Just to say “hi”, “thanks for putting up with us”, “thanks for all you do”. It was a wonderful, super tasty surprise.
- T allowing me to get some paperwork for my job notarized without having to pay for it. Said that was her contribution to the agency for the holidays! I appreciated her graciousness
- Two Rav pals sending me lovely messages this week. One sending by pm a “hope you’re doing well, thinking about you” message and another sending me a surprise handwritten letter that I’ve been carrying around since I got it. It was heart-warming to receive a hand-written letter; it being from her makes it all the more special.
no act of kindness, no matter how small, is never wasted ~ Aesop
Hope you each had a wonderful week and cheers for the upcoming one! Can y’all believe that we have 6 more weeks to go before we say hi to 2014? Surreal!!!!