Fall weather has me doing this all week:
It just feels sooooooooo good!!!
This week, I worked my tuckus off. We (the agency) have a very important audit coming up. Important like — the results make or break the agency. Whatever happens, I’m comforted that I’ll be okay but the audit means that for my dept, me and our new employee must go through all the personnel folders. All of them! We found things that needed to be filed from two years ago — 🙄 — I’m sure some of it was in the desk drawers of the “departed”. It’s daunting to say the least (I worked late every day this week except 1) but we stepped up to the challenge and we’ve made remarkable progress so far. I’ll have to work next weekend but we’ve vowed to get it done. Yesterday, we turned on Pandora (online radio) and rocked the day away until close to 7 pm last night.
Despite all of that, I feel good! A difference in mind-set, a less emotionally stressful work environment and a daily dose of vitamins, left me good tired. Not the dragged out, beaten down kind, but the good kind of tired that comes when you know you’ve gone above and beyond!!! So instead of October kicking my butt, I’m Jackie Chan-ing it with all that I’ve got! Thank God for His goodness. 😀 And the Fall weather’s making everything even better! The weather’s finally changed to cooler, wonderfully crisper temps and I’M. LOVING. IT!!!
Today, I’m grateful for:
- the support I’ve gotten from other departments. Some supervisors/department heads have been uncharacteristically patient; that really gave me some breathing room to prepare for the audit.
- A tremendous effort between myself, the insurance company and our COBRA administrator that ended with an employee being able to do surgery on Monday despite the fact that she was the one who didn’t complete her COBRA paperwork on time.
- A call from the employee on leave to say that she’ll be back on November 4th! Wooooohoooooo!!!!
- A “I love you, hope you’re having a great day” call from my younger brother this morning. ❤
- My weekend wind-down — it has been positively delightful!!!!! I went out and got some “necessary” supplies for the upcoming Fall & Winter seasons: (never mind the bad photos :P)
I’m ending the week with my supplies, Fall candle holders and some peppermint candles
curled up on my couch, either knitting or reading and enjoying my “fireplace”
With the lights low, music, some hot cocoa in hand and the heat from my radiators coming up … my “fireplace” almost seems real!
Happy weekend to you all! Hope you each had a wonderful week; cheers for a great upcoming week!!!! ❤