Can you guys believe that we only have 12 more weeks before the year ends!!!! The thought of that just blows my mind. I feel like I haven’t accomplished most of what I wanted to do this year because the time went by so quickly. But that in itself is another post.
- This week was another mixed bag. And as I looked out onto my neighborhood early this morning, the foliage reminded me that life is truly a mixed bag. Everything is not the same, even with commonality, there’s still something unique about everything. Does that make sense?
Eventhough we’re in the Fall season, the trees in my neighborhood represented the mixed bag that life can be and the variation in response to life experiences based on who we are on the inside.
As they respond to the Fall environmental changes, based on their genetic make-up (that would equate (in my mind) to our psychological, mental and emotional make-up), some trees have already shed most of their leaves, some are still sporting vivid green, some have become brown and some are still full of leaves and are as splendidly green as they were in Spring and Summer. Their response to environmental factors absolutely reflect their “insides”.
As I looked around, I realised just like trees, different experiences bring out different responses in me … in all of us. However, I do believe that the trick is to stay grounded, stay strong, stay focused and even if we lose a few “leaves” the goal is to stay rooted and stand tall.
- I’m grateful this week for making it through the work week. My week started with layoffs, then continued with an employee who’s trying to get me to help her cheat the company using FMLA, then ended with a chapter that I’m happy to close.
- I’m grateful for the periods of introspection I’ve had this week. I’m grateful for the opportunities they afforded me to focus on who I really want to be as a person. As I get older, my thoughts have shifted even more towards who I want to be over what I want to do. But more on that later.
- I’m also grateful this week for a very strange interaction I had with someone I consider a friend. It wasn’t unpleasant, but it wasn’t pleasant either. But what it did was remind me that we’re all changing, that relationships don’t stay the same, that it’s okay to be uncomfortable sometimes and that every interaction — pleasant or unpleasant — is a learning opportunity.
- One totally fun thing that happened to me this week is that …… I GOT TICKETS FOR THE DR. OZ show!!!!! I behaved like this when I got the email: What’s even better, initially, all the people I asked to come couldn’t because of work so I confirmed for one ticket. Then my friend Ophelia was sad she couldn’t come. Got an email two days later saying they had extra tickets, Ophelia got the day off so was more:
The show is part of the plans I made for my birthday and I’m glad that I can at least do that since my vacation is going to cut short because of the departure of my work nemesis.
This week’s post is a little ‘heavy’ since most of the interactions this week were all over the place and not so pleasant. Despite that, I hope you all had a great week and cheers for an great upcoming week! 😀
Indeed, so much to be thankful!
Yes indeedy!!! 😀
nicky, i’m so happy to have found you in time to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY (month!). i love your happy dance, and you know, i don’t even know who dr. oz is, but if i were near you i would go with you, just to see that happiness and joy.
have a wonderful lovefilled day tomorrow. xxxxxxxxxxxxx lori
Thanks so much Lori. ♥
Not a fan of Dr Oz but I would react like that if I got tickets to the Daily Show or The Colbert Report so I can imagine! Happy birthday! I also usually celebrate the entire month, nothing wrong with that.
Thank you for the birthday love Lady. 😀
I actually love his earlier shows better than the celeb filled ones now but it’s always been my dream to get on one of these shows.
Good for you for celebrating the entire month for your Birthday, everyone should!
So glad to hear that things worked themselves out for you at work. There is nothing worse than working with someone who brings the place down. I am always amazed at the fact that issues have a way of resolving themselves, and all we have to do is trust and be patient.
Sorry to hear that your vacation had to be cancelled, but maybe you can look at the occurrence as a early birthday gift. 🙂
I knew I liked you for a reason! LOLOL! All my close friends and family said exactly the same thing — early birthday present.
It’s funny, just the night before I was saying to my mom that I hope she tells me before the temp left because he has an awesome, can do attitude that I love — I absolutely knew something was up and was just waiting. He was very happy to accept one of the positions in the dept and the woman on leave, accepted the one my nemesis is vacating.
God is indeed good and you’re right, it’s hard to wait and be patient but when He moves, things happen so decisively and quickly.
I’m looking at her departure as an opportunity for me to get some things right as a supervisor. Hopefully, the remaining team will be the best team I’ve had yet.
I’m going to send you a message on Ravelry so be sure to check it. 🙂 Life is indeed a mixed bag and experiences are opportunities for growth and sometimes involve growing pains.
I love you attitude and your constant humble gratitude in the face of life’s ups and downs. You are very inspiring.
Thanks love! ♥
I try to see the lessons but don’t be fooled, sometimes I get it straight away but other times, I get it after I’ve had my not so dignified meltdowns. It’s not easy and there are some downs that’ll never be explained, but for what it’s worth, it’s easier for me to try to get the lesson quickly. Not that I always obey … LOLOL … but that right there is another story!
I think this weekend is your birthday too. Happy birthday. XOXOX
My birthday’s this coming Tuesday but I celebrate for the ENTIRE MONTH!!!! So thank you for the birthday wishes!!! ♥