This week was all over the place. I worked hard on the job to the point where I was asleep at 8:30 pm a couple of nights. Adding to that, I’m looking to make some changes — professional and move apts. Anyone who’s apt hunted in NY, knows that the process can reduce the renter to a nail-biting, crying, blubbering mess. But despite all that’s going on, I’m in a pretty great place. I was getting anxious this week but I’m not anymore. This week’s lessons, blessings and surprises reminded me that God’s got my back and everything is going to be alright. 😀 This week:
- On the work day that totally wiped me out this week, I came home to find not one, but two gifted patterns — Plumeria Frill and Ireland Cowl from Iggystar on Ravelry. She sent me a note letting me know that I crossed her mind and she was moved to send me a little treat. For me, the blessing was in the surprise. God using her to remind me that there’s always some sweet even in chaos. Bless her!
- My mother and I were able to come up with four strategies re my moving/living situation. It was good to have her to bounce ideas off of and come up with concrete backup plans.
- After recommendations from Yarnphreak and My Sister’s Knitter, (my other two best friends in my head) my friend E sent me some new toys to help speed up my knitting. My knitting style is not very efficient (too much hand movements) but the cheapo bamboo needles I was using definitely affected even more how fast I could go. I got some KP Nickel Plated needles to try out.
Knitpicks Nickel Plated Set: Source
I really want some Hiya Hiya’s; those are going on my Amazon Christmas wish-list. It was awesome that my friend sent me an entire set of nickle circulars and one of DPNs that’s brand new to try. She’s all upgraded to Signatures … I hate her … LOLOL! 😛
- Being able to add some rows to my first sweater. My camera batteries died (they’re recharging now) so I don’t have any pictures but the progress is looking good.
- I work up one day with a swollen ankle. Not sure what that was about or even how it became swollen. After three days of elevation, my ankle is almost back to it’s normal size. Hopefully before the weekend’s done it’s back to it’s normal size. I’m also praying that there are no underlying health issues that’s making that happen.
Hope you all had a great week and cheers for a great upcoming week. 😀