This was an interesting week, but I’ll leave “the interesting” out of this post — sometimes, a person just has to! Other than those things, I’m extremely grateful this week for gifts and lessons that came in all forms.
- Robin song outside my window reminding me that there’s always some sweetness even in chaos. Hearing it in the mornings reminded me that spring is here. It was just simply sweet to hear.
- Despite our being tired of it. Despite that spring was one day away — winter’s refusal to go quietly was a wonderful reminder of persistence. The “I’m not leaving quietly, I’m not giving up” quality of last week’s snowfall reminded me that for the changes I currently need to make in my life, that I shouldn’t give up even when some people are saying that my goals are impossible. It was a reminder that I shouldn’t give up even when I can’t see the end.
- The experience of taking down my locs cemented the lesson above. The process was tedious, at times frustrating, definitely tiring but the end result was worth the effort. There were times I was tempted to just cut everything off and go bald. There were times I didn’t think I would be done, but I eventually was. It was kinda like a woman having a baby — during labor, she feels as if she can’t bear it, but continuing to push through results in the wonderful blessing that’s that baby. Endurance and persistence — hard to go through but worth it in the end.
- Two wonderful days of shopping with my co-worker after work. We had a blast — just being together was more enjoyable than actually buying stuff (which we end up doing little of).
- Having enough energy after my cold virus to clean my ENTIRE closet. I mean everything — clothes, shoes, handbags — EVERYTHING! I wasn’t able to finish my accessories (which I have a lot of) but those will be purged next weekend (g.w.). Purging allowed me to bless my co-worker (who’s expecting) with a pair of shoes and two dresses she can wear when her pregnancy progresses. The rest of the items — gently used and brand new — will go to Goodwill this week. It also means that where packing to move is concerned, my closet purging is done! At this point, all the items I have are only the items that need to be packed.
Hope you all had a wonderful week! I’m definitely looking forward to working in some crafting this week — it’s been a while and I really miss making stuff.
You have listed some really excellent things to be grateful for! Hope this week allows you some much needed crafting time. 🙂
I barely got anything done but it wasn’t a total wash! I can’t believe how fast the year’s going by.