The month has already began in a haze of activity and the weekend past that was supposed to be restful did not turn out that way. Today finds me tired, but not cranky — that would have been a horrible combination. So I’m deciding to STOP, BREATHE, PRIORITIZE, TIME MANAGE, then ACT! I am determined this year to have and enjoy, a:
For me, that means:
Electing 1 day ONLY for commercial Christmas shopping
- Planning my Christmas day menu in advance.
- Cooking my meal (since I’m celebrating solo this year) on the Sunday before Christmas.
- Electing 1 weekend for completing my hand-made gifts
- Scheduling the remainder of my cleaning and organizing so I have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do but cooking on the weekend before Christmas
- Starting and ending each day with some of my favourite Christmas music.
- Saying “NO” to activities that serve to stretch me thin — including last minute requests for cheesecake and other baked goods.
Christmas for me is the celebration of the birth of Christ. This year, I’m committing to a restful approach to the season so I don’t neglect the reason for my celebration of it.
What about you?