I Got In!!!

This is totally unrelated to crafting and I’m not even sure what to do with myself — but I got in!!!  Into the only Master’s program (Industrial/Organizational Psych conc. Organizational Behavior) that I applied to.  It’s even more crazy that I got in in the first draft picks.

Friends and readers of my other (now defunct) blog know that I’ve been talking about it for a while and I’ve been taking steps,  to move out of my city — soon.  It’s overstimulated and my quality of life isn’t as great as it could be.  I applied to that program because I knew I’d be here in the Fall and after not doing anything academic since graduating from undergrad four years ago, I just threw my hat in the running.  Not anticipating much, but just as a “just in case I’m still here” contingency plan.

I didn’t even tell anyone I was applying except my mom and the two people who provided professional references.  My headset was that even if I got in, I’d take core, transferrable credits, so it’ll be easy to pick up where I left off when I do move.  Given the typical student population/demographics of that area of study,  I thought my chances of getting in were slim to none.

Who knew this was going to be the result?  Probably only God.

I have to find a way to appropriately celebrate because one,  this is a blessing/priviledge and two, because I know of one person who’s waiting for word if she got in or not.  Although I don’t know what to do or how to celebrate yet — for what it’s worth … I got in!!!!

Maybe if I buy some yarn that’ll make the celebration somewhat crafty instead of all academic?  Hmmm ….

17 thoughts on “I Got In!!!

1. creative urbanista June 3, 2012 / 9:15 am

Congratulations!!!!! Now my next question is, what is industrial/ organizational psych?

• Nicky June 3, 2012 / 7:03 pm

LOLOLOL!!! Thanks lady!!! Short version I/O psych is the use of psychology in the work environment to create more effective, more productive output.

2. Opal @ Celebrate Life May 30, 2012 / 3:45 am

Congrats on getting into the program, I’m happy for you. And of course God knew the outcome all along. But, you know something… you’re going to be much too busy to focus on crafts, especially anything yarn related, so you can always pass of your haul to me!

I’m joking of course, anything craft related is a great way to unwind.

• Nicky May 30, 2012 / 10:41 am

Thanks Opal. LOLOLOL re crafting and the possible new home for my stash. 😀 😛

3. Caribbelle May 25, 2012 / 4:23 pm

Congrats, this is Amazing. I’m so excited for you, an this program sounds amazing. Best wishes!!

• Nicky May 26, 2012 / 9:45 am

Thanks Lady. 😀

4. Leah May 25, 2012 / 1:36 pm

Congratulations and good luck!

• Nicky May 26, 2012 / 9:46 am

Thanks Leah and thanks for dropping by. 🙂

5. Mamgi May 23, 2012 / 1:03 pm

Congratulations 🙂

• Nicky May 26, 2012 / 9:46 am

I’m getting excited now it’s beginning to sink in. 😀

6. autumngeisha May 16, 2012 / 7:40 pm

A huge congratulations! This totally deserves a yarny celebration! And welcome back 🙂

• Nicky May 17, 2012 / 8:36 am

Thanks AG!!!!! Instead of yarn, I got this and this — great additions to my craft library. Especially now that I’m even more focused on technique. 😀

7. Asha Francis May 16, 2012 / 9:20 am

Congrats Nicky! I am so proud of you! I hope where you are moving too is somewhere near a hotel..so I can come and visit for a couple of days! Keep me posted, tentatively planning a vacation from late august and most of September!

• Nicky May 17, 2012 / 8:30 am

I’ll be here when you’re visiting so save a day or two for us to hang out!!!! 😀 I’m not trying to move too far. I have several places in mind. When I narrow down my draft picks I’ll be sure to let you know. And not to worry about where to stay … mi casa es su casa. 😀

8. Lauren May 15, 2012 / 7:56 pm

Congratulations! What a great a accomplishment. I started my master’s four years after under grad and completed part time in four years. It felt so good and I was so proud. I hope your experience is just as rewarding!

• Nicky May 17, 2012 / 8:31 am

Thanks for the congrats Lauren and I’m expecting the program to be great!!! 😀

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )