It’s been a while since I updated on anything/projects yarn related. My job is taking over my life since in addition to working, I’m now expected to do a certification exam that takes place at the end of January 2012. This means that every spare moment will be spent getting ready for this instead of knitting and/or relaxing. Le sigh.
However, I wanted to celebrate my first knitting anniversary. It’s been an interesting year to say the least. I’ve learned more than I ever imagined possible and I’m super excited to start my new year of learning.
I have goals that I might list in another post before the year ends but today, I’m thankful for being taught a new skill by this amazing fibre artist and I really am looking forward to growing more with her help in the upcoming year. So before I go any further with this post, I must say thanks to my teacher. In all things knitting and non-knitting, she’s been my friend. Through cancer recovery and a variety of life issues and now knitting, she’s been a constant and for that I’m forever grateful. When I opened up my Ravelry account this morning, I’d gotten a message from her. She wanted to do something special today and sent me this lovely pattern just because. I’m forever amazed at her generosity and her commitment to making me a better knitter. She overwhelms me to tears sometimes ….
I also recently participated in a Christmas swap on Ravelry and the package arrival and my anniversary made my day. 😀 The package from SilverRayven was super generous and thoughtful and I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!
I was trying really hard to behave myself and not rip open all the packages, but I just couldn’t help myself 😛
I was disappointed on Monday when my mail carrier did not leave the package for me but I’m glad I got it today. What’s an anniversary without a gift right? 😛 I’m glad I had to wait for it. The package was thoughtfully put together and her little index card notes attests to her teaching spirit. Each note had encouragement and instructions on how best to tackle each project and she’s even offered her services to help me out when I have difficulty. So without further ado … this is what I got:
From top left going clock-wise:
- Knitpicks Stroll in Blue Violet Tonal. That pairs the KP pattern she bought — Miss Mary’s Shoulder Shawl. In SilverRayven’s: Making Neosoul (aka D’NALI) a Better Knitter course, this shawl is to be my first chart knit shawl.
- Packets of herbal teas!!! Yummsers!!!!! My favourite — the decaf Cinnamon Apple Spice herbal tea which smells wonderful!!!!
- My Red envelope which is to be opened at Christmas!!!!! See the stern instructions written on the front!!!! LOL!!!
- A small knitted pouch (made by SilverRayven’s friend). Inside were two packs of KP needle covers. I’m forever losing these so I was very happy to have them.
- If someone twisted my arm and I had to pick my absolutest favourite things about this packet, the next item would be one of them. SilverRayven sent me Ann Budd’s Getting Started: Knitting Socks book. Between this and the Magic Loop book I got from Robine in the first swap, I’ll be a sock knitting fool by the end of 2012. LOLOLOL!!!!! This item was paired with KP Stroll Fingering in Eggplant for my first pair of socks!!!! The note that came with it encouraged me to dive right into socks with multiple techniques explained and encouragement to not stress on perfection my first time around.
- The beautiful turquoise and gold card that came with the package
- A bonus scarf pattern: Malabrigo Neck Thingie that came with Malabrigo Worsted in Whales Road.
- A stash of: Stickie Notes (a pic of the pad cover was her secret clue when she was torturing me :D); a journal and notecard set with my initial N on the covers.
- Next up in my list of faves: handmade by SilverRayven, two magnetic pattern keepers and a bag of stitch markers!!!!!
- What she calls a bonus pouch that had inside: a purple retractable tape measure, a purple highlighter and pen.
- Last but not least, she sent me the Summer Flies pattern with a note on how to tackle my first lace shawl. I got instructions to get with lace knitting using bigger yarn and Youtube guides for understanding the directions!!!! She paired that with my fave KP yarn, Shine Worsted in Reef.
I can’t thank her enough for being such a wonderful swap partner!!!!!!
I call the last pic in the collage (lower right hand corner) — “The Aftermath”. LOLOLOL!!!!