She asked for purple with blue undertones. Of course, I only had purple with red undertones. Several color mixes later, still no end in sight. I slept on the task, then went at it again. The final color mix gave me this:
The blue purple she wanted. Tonal with hues moving from very dark to medium shades of purple.
I was happy to do this for her. For Sharon, one of my biggest cheerleaders. The fact that I don’t have a shop didn’t stop her from making a request. She wanted this, she thought I could do it and she asked in a way that only friends could ask and not have you tell them no. LOLOL! Because of her gentle insistence, in addition to a colorway I’m proud of, I got the chance to build on my dyeing portfolio. Win, win for us both I’d say.
Meet Rabun Gap.
errrr … fiber. That’s all I can really say. I know I should be dyeing yarn more than I have been but man, fiber is a new awesome medium and I’ve been having a blast. I have been dyeing yarn too; right now I’m working on a custom dye color for a client. But fiber … LOLOL! I want to think that this spinning
obsession love I have is driving even my dyeing escapades. If you’ve been on IG, you would have seen these before, but I’m putting them on the blog for posterity.
This first braid is 100% bfl (bluefaced leicester). I called this one “Mud Pie”. It’s amazing the end result when I look at the colors I started with. This is non repeatable because basically I just went to town with the colors. LOLOL! I can’t wait to spin this up in the Fall.
This one is a 100% Falkland (the breed that doesn’t exist as a sheep breed, but that’s another story) braid. I call this “Elisa The Beach Bum”. It was inspired by a beach photo posted on IG by my friend Elisa Dallomo.
This is “Crown Jewels”. Another Falkland braid I did for my friend Kathy who’s been amazing with her encouragement for my spinning adventures.
And this neon psychedelic was inspired by two of my favourite T.V. guys — Shawn & Gus — from T.V. series Psych. This one is named “Disco Was Murdered”.
Not to worry … some yarn got dyed solid, the dark garnet was over from a natural dye experiment that faded fast and the hand painted one was just fun trying out a new hand painting technique.
So it’s not that I’ve been a slacker with the pots … just in posting here. 😉